anarchy unleashed: "...so many young people out on the street already assisting Trump to secure a second term."
'Professional protesters' riot over Trump's election, attacking bystanders and vandalizing cars, property "I actually thought it was a beautiful expression of democracy. I think it was a marvelous thing to see the next generation of this country get engaged & involved" Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, Democrat
After Donald Trump victory, Oregonians submit ballot proposal to secede from the union
<....... a professor out of Trinity University "quivering w/fear, anger after Trump election"
O,... but it gets better: the Portland's Resistance press release:
This is an announcement of a new organization. We entirely support and endorse the movements of Black Lives Matter, Don’t Shoot Portland, Portland Tenants United, PDX Trans Pride, Bernie PDX, Portland Clean Air, East Portland Air Coalition, 15 NOW, Health Care for All Oregon and more to come in the days ahead.
In order to survive President Trump there needs to be a strong resistance. Our group believes that Portland has an opportunity to become a beacon of light for the rest of the nation. We can show the world what a progressive city can actually look like. However, for this to be done we need drastic changes now. We do not have time to spare. Our organization is demanding in Portland:
- Rent control and an end to no cause evictions
- An end to police brutality
- An end to racial disparity in policing
- Citizen oversight of the police with real power
- An acknowledgement of Portland’s racist past and concrete steps to rectify that sad truth
- No new fossil fuel infrastructure or support towards the fossil fuel industry
- Clean air and water
- Transparency in city government
- An acknowledgement that we are living on stolen land and efforts to rectify that fact
- Open and accountable elections
- Safe streets
- Continued sanctuary city status
- Full LGBTQ inclusion
- Well funded schools for ALL our children (No lead in the water!)
- An affirmation of women’s rights including free and safe abortions
- More funding for sexual and domestic violence prevention and better policing on these issues
- A safe and welcoming place for immigrants and refugees
- Increased mental health funding and accessible services
- Safe locations for the houseless population
- A houseless bill of rights
- The right to free and safe abortion
- Get Nestle out of the gorge
- No More tax break to major corporations such as Nike, Comcast etc. and much more.
- Guaranteed living wages
meanwhile: IN MEXICO
& IN NIGERIA